This blog is designed to record the findings of our family history, mainly for the benefit of the family, and to document the dead ends, the breakthroughs and the journey.
I’ll post the family stories as I’ve written them to now, and I’ll be grateful to anyone who can add further information or pictures, or point out errors.
Particular thanks to my sister Julia and my cousin Mandy who between them have done much more of the work than I have.

Sunday 6 May 2012

Great grandmothers


The maternal line tends to be a bit sidelined in family history stories, so I plan to spend some time putting that right a little.

My grandmothers were Annie (Nancy) Morris, and Lily Gertrude (Gert) Timmins. I have photographs of each of them in their old age and I’ve written their stories.
This is Gert with her husband Walter Hamilton in a picture taken for their golden wedding

And this is Nancy with my cousin Diane Billingham


My four great grandmothers are a little bit shadier. On my paternal side Sarah Emily Mills was married to Joseph Hamilton and Sarah Cotterill married James Timmins. On my maternal side Ann Elizabeth Perry was presumably married to James Morris (we can’t find a marriage record), and Mary Ann Jasper was married to Thomas Billingham.

I’ve already written about the mysterious MIllses, so I’m going to stay with the paternal side and write up the Cotterill story about whom Mandy has already done a lot of research. Julia knows a lot about Ann Perry, but we know next to nothing about Mary Ann Jasper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment