This blog is designed to record the findings of our family history, mainly for the benefit of the family, and to document the dead ends, the breakthroughs and the journey.
I’ll post the family stories as I’ve written them to now, and I’ll be grateful to anyone who can add further information or pictures, or point out errors.
Particular thanks to my sister Julia and my cousin Mandy who between them have done much more of the work than I have.

Sunday 12 April 2020

A family connection

We discovered the link between us and the person with the 2nd cousin DNA match. It turned out that my father and her grandfather were first cousins. Both worked at the carriage works but I had never heard Dad mention him. Even more interestingly, her mother and I were born in the same year, and both lived in West Bromwich and I had never heard of her either. How weird, but we shall now never know the answer. What a pity we didn't come across this person when dad was still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment